This year’s Annual Member’s Project is beginning to take form.
As the project evolves we’ll be updating this page (most recent date first). Next meeting to discuss project: Wednesday, May 10 at 5:30PM, at VABC.
The post will also be used for project management and communication.
Participants should freely add their questions, suggestions, and comments to the discussion area.
Posted April 14
We seek to explore a topic: the unreliability of everything. The 2017 collaborative project, tentatively titled Art|Facts, is an archive that bears witness to the disconnectedness and dislocation of our times, exploring visual and textual evidence of concepts in motion, with a special attention to past facts as they were understood at their time. We will explore what art reveals beyond an illusory reality, namely, that things are often not what they purport to be. A vision that explores knowledge as partial, inherently flawed, and yet utterly necessary.
Posted March 27
At our last meeting, we titled our collaborative effort Art|Facts.
With a view towards attaining a certain consistency in the physical structure of the artifact, the following specifications have been adopted…
- Flat or Folded sheets of paper will be what artists will work on
- A maximum width/height/bulk will be defined at future meeting
- The “binding” will be a box tray with a slipcase
- There needs to be some kind of “hand” involved in the process of your piece, not just a hand-on-a-computer-mouse. (so, letterpress, etching, hand coloring, block cutting, stamping, sewing)
- Additional details to be determined at future meeting(s)
- Next scheduled meeting/presentation Wednesday, April 05 @5:30 PM (details to follow)