This year’s Annual Member’s Project is taking form.
As the project evolves we’ll be updating this page (most recent date first).
Next meeting to discuss the project: Wednesday, June 28 at 6:00 PM, at VABC.
We’ll meet at the VABC, note that the coordinating committee will be meeting 5-6:00 PM.
The post will also be used for project management and communication.
Participants should freely add their questions, suggestions, and comments to the discussion area.
2071 VABC Annual Member’s Project
Here’s the latest update on our project’s progress (updated 06/19/2017).
- We’ve settled on the project’s title the Art of the Lie.
- Project specifications have been further refined and should be sufficient to get you started on developing your ideas.
- At our last meeting, some folks indicated that they would be making individual contributions.
- Three projects have been initially identified as open to team efforts.
- If you’re NOT planning to make an individual contribution please join one of these “teams” (eMail Garrett firstname.lastname@example.org 1st and 2nd choice).
Agenda items for the 6:00 PM project meeting would include:
- Formation of group effort teams
- Shaping of group projects
- Show & Tell of progress (comps) for individual efforts
- Additional project definition and specification
Please make every effort to attend this meeting as we expect that we’ll not have need to meet as a full group until later in the production cycle. (Individual teams will manage their own project schedules, meetings, elements)
Just a reminder that VABC membership is a requirement for participation…
You’ll need to visit http://virginiabookarts.org/2017/06/vabc-membership/ for renewal details
the Art of the Lie: 2017 VABC Annual Members Project
- A box with elements 5”x7” (we have sample folds and forms)
- Elements must fold/lay flat a book is OK if it is flat
- Matching card, cover, and text weights
- Grey stock if possible, otherwise white
- Suggestion of possible use transparent of stock under consideration (TBD)
- Cardstock to be “card like in weight”
- INK: PMS Grey (some use on each page, minimum amount TBD)
- PMS 431 has been suggested
- we will not use 100% black or 100% white
- Grey ink can ONLY be mixed with opaque or transparent white
- Individual projects may look for their own color schemes, especially if disparate elements (like loose cards) to unify parts of project
- Must include element of gray ink
- Edition size (50-60 range)
- Conundra – card set of paradoxes and dubious truths
- Internet Facts, Snopes
- False Documents & False Testimonials
Potential Individual Projects
- “Cave of Shadows” tunnel book (Bonnie)
- Numbers Don’t Lie (Kevin)
- False proscriptions (Richard)
- Make Atwood Fiction Again (Richard)
- Binary code (Lucas)
- Confirmation bias (Lucas)
- Illusion of Self (Kristin)
- Erasure (Katie and Amira)
- Benjamin Disraeli – Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics (Michael)
- Difference between Lies and BS (Garrett)
- Word Cloud (Garrett)
- Yellow-Blue-Green dot dispersion (Garrett)
- Textual Torque (Nancy)